Sunday 22 February 2015

Faith

Faith


Tempered, calmed
Iron wrought to sound
Melts to Thy heat of Love
And hardens to banish doubts rebound
Have I Lord, given Thee my heart?
Have I Lord, been brought to You?
Have I Lord, been claimed for paradise?
For I feel it through and through
In this Earth, I am set apart
And yet called to be One with my fellowmen
Have I Lord been bought for heaven?
For surely, my heart, it is Peace
And Lord, 'tis true,
In people, I see
Your will in me
A kindness seeps through the soul 
By and by...

Merciful,
Thank You for this gift...
This faith for a doubtful heart
Let me share it then 
With my brethren
The Love it is borne from
And may You, Lord
Never take it away
For without faith, 
Without Love...
My soul shall crumble 
In coldness
Let me then die for Love
Let me then die for You...

December 29, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment